After each appointment, the clinical providers in your office spend several minutes writing detailed, accurate clinical notes. It would save a lot of time to not have to write all of the notes from scratch. Did you know that many procedure codes in Easy Dental already have procedure notes written that can be copied and used as part of your clinical notes? Instead of taking the time write all that information again, get a head start by copying the information that’s already in the procedure notes to your clinical notes and then making edits or additions as needed.
- In Easy Dental, click the Settings icon and select Practice Setup > Procedure Code Setup.
- Select the procedure code category and individual procedure code you want to edit, and click the Edit button.
- Click the Edit Note button.
- Edit the procedure note text as needed, select the Copy to Clinical Note option, and click OK.
- Click Save, verify that you want to save your changes, and then click Close.
- Repeat for other procedures codes as needed.
- Whenever the procedure is posted complete for a patient, the procedure note appears as the clinical note on that date. You can edit the clinical note and make changes or add additional information as needed.
- Not all procedures in the Procedure Code Editor will have procedure notes by default. You can add or edit the procedure notes for any procedure and then select the Copy to Clinical Notes option.
- When you set complete a procedure code that requires a tooth number, surface, quadrant, or other treatment area information, that information will automatically be added to the beginning of the clinical note text. For example, if the procedure code note read “Filling of a cavity.” When you set complete the procedure, the clinical note will read “Tooth: 3, Surface: O Filling of a cavity.”
- To learn more, read Entering Procedure Notes in Easy Dental Help.