If you discover that patients’ recall due dates aren’t resetting automatically when a patient is seen for a recall appointment, it is often because procedure codes have not been set up properly with recall attached to them.
To fix this problem, you should review your procedure code setup to make certain that codes have been properly assigned to the desired recall types, and then attach procedure code(s) to the recall type you want recall due dates to automatically reset for.
For example, your office might want to attach the PERIO recall type to procedure codes D4341 and D4342, so patients are automatically set up on recall when they come in for those scaling and root planing procedures.
- In Easy Dental, click the Settings icon and select Practice Setup > Procedure Code Setup.
- Select a procedure code category and individual procedure, and click Edit.
- Click the Auto Recall search button.
- Select the recall type to which you want to assign this procedure code, and click the Select button.
- Click Save, answer Yes to the prompt, and click Close.
- Repeat for other procedure codes as needed.
- A procedure code may be assigned to only one recall type. However, you can assign multiple procedure codes to the same type.
- When a recall type is attached to a procedure, Easy Dental automates three processes for you:
- When you select a recall procedure as an appointment reason, Easy Dental automatically attaches that assigned recall type to the appointment.
- When you post a recall procedure, Easy Dental automatically resets the patient’s recall due date according to the interval you defined.
- If you haven’t previously assigned a recall type to the patient, when you post a recall procedure, Easy Dental will assign that type for you using the defaults you defined.
- To learn more, read Setting up Procedure Codes in Easy Dental Help.