When you perform exams, the Chart gives you an easy way to view a patient’s treatment plan and/or procedure history. Because Easy Dental uses paint types (different color overlays) on the Chart’s teeth, you can see each procedure that has been completed, or has been treatment-planned. These colored paint types are completely customizable, so you can change the paint types to display procedures in a way that makes better sense to you.
As an example, by default, the paint type for crown procedure D2740 is an “outline” around the edges of the tooth. However, because you now manufacture this type of crown on your new CAD/CAM machine, you want a different paint type to reflect this change.
With Easy Dental, simply change the paint type for this procedure. Then when you view a patient’s Chart in the future, you’ll know that a D2740 crown was made by your office because of the paint type shown in the Chart!
Use the following steps to change the way procedures are painted in a patient’s Chart:
- From most Easy Dental modules, click Settings (Alt +F10), and select Practice Setup > Procedure Code Setup.
- Select a Procedure Code Category, select the code you want to change, and click Edit.
- Select a Paint Type from the drop-down list. This paint type will indicate how the procedure is painted in the Chart.
- To save your changes, click Save, and then Close.
- When you change a paint type, it is applied to all past and future procedures. This means if you change the paint type for a procedure that has already been used to complete or treatment plan procedures in the Chart, the new paint type will override the old paint type.
- Changing the paint type of a procedure code is a global setting, which means it will change the way the procedure code displays on all computers in your office.
- You can also change the paint type for Dental Diagnostic Codes. To do so, from the Procedure List window, select the Dental Diagnostic Codes tab, select a code, and click the Edit button.
For more information on changing procedure paint types, read Customizing Paint Types in Easy Dental Help.