When creating appointments in the Schedule, you can use the initial appointment reasons list in the New Appointment Information dialog box to access to procedures or codes that you frequently use for your appointments. For example, if you offer a discount on whitening trays and many of your patients are asking for that service, you can add that procedure code to the Initial Reasons list so that you can add it to appointments quickly.
The list of procedures that you can choose from is completely customizable within Easy Dental Settings.
Here’s how to set it up:
- In Easy Dental, click the Settings icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click the Practice Setup option, and then click Definitions.
- In the Definition Type drop-down list, select Appointment Reasons.
- Enter the procedure code and description of the procedure you want to add to the list, and then click Add.
- You must make sure the procedure code and description text you enter match the ADA code and description text. Otherwise, Easy Dental will not be able to link the information you entered to the ADA code and the code will not work when you try to use it to post procedures when you set an appointment complete.
- You cannot add procedures that require a tooth number, surface, quadrant, or sextant to the Appointment Reasons list.
- You can have up to 20 procedures listed in the Appointment Reasons list.
- You can edit an existing appointment reason by clicking the reason in the list, changing the ADA code and description text, and then clicking the Change button. of the new reason.