Did you know Easy Dental allows you to apply finance charges to patients to whom you have extended credit? Finance charges are typically used for patients with payment agreements, and you can manually apply finance charges to individual patients’ accounts.
- With a patient selected in the Accounts module, click the Enter Finance Charge/Late Charge button (or tap ALT + C on your keyboard).
- Enter the charge date in the Date field. (The date defaults to the current date.)
- Select Finance Charge and enter the amount to charge the patient’s account.
- Click the Provider search button and select the patient’s provider. (By default, Easy Dental selects the patient’s primary provider.)
- To provide clarification for the charge, enter an explanation in the Note field.
- Click OK to save your changes and apply the finance charge.
The finance charge will appear in the patient’s Account ledger and will increase their account’s balance. The charge will also appear on their next billing statement.
For additional information, read Applying Finance Charges and Entering Finance Charges Manually Easy Dental Help.