At times you may need to see a list of all patients assigned to an insurance plan in Easy Dental. This information can be found by running the Insurance Carrier List. This list has different options to choose depending on whether you want to see a list of all subscribers (guarantors) or a list of all insured patients. You can also choose to include provider IDs associated with the plan.
To generate the Insurance Carrier List:
- From the Reports module, click Reference Reports > Insurance Carrier List.
- Enter a Report Date that you want to print on the report as needed. The default is the current date.
- In the Select Insurance Carrier group box, set the range of insurance carries to include on the list.
- In the Select List Types group box, select the list type you want to print:
- Standard List – generates a list of each insurance carrier based on the range of carriers you set.
- Include Subscribers – generates a list of each insurance carrier as well as a list of guarantors for each carrier.
- Include All Insured Patients – generates a list of each insurance carrier as well as a list of individual insured patients for each carrier.
- Include Provider IDs – generate the name, ID code, and ID number of each provider attached to the insurance carrier.
- Mailing Labels – generates mailing labels for the insurance carriers. If you select this option, use the corresponding Columns box to set the number of labels across a printed label sheet (1-3).
- Click OK to send the report to the Batch Processor.
Note: Do not select both the Standard List and Include Subscribers options, or Easy Dental will generate two lists: one showing carriers and one showing carriers with subscribers.
Interpreting the Printed Lists
The Standard List
Insurance information is pulled from the Dental Insurance Plan Information and Insurance Coverage dialog boxes you used to set up the insurance plan in Easy Dental.
Insurance information appears followed by the name, birth date, chart number, subscriber number, employer, and family status of each subscriber . The list also includes the portion of the subscriber’s deductible that has currently been met and the total benefits that have been used year-to-date.
Include All Insured Patients
Insurance information appears followed by the name, birth date, chart number, employer, and family status for each patient associated with the insurance carrier. The list also includes the portion of the patient’s deductible that has currently been met and the total benefits that have been used year-to-date. An asterisk next to the name indicates a guarantor. A (P) indicates primary insurance and an (S) indicates secondary insurance.
Include Provider ID
Insurance information appears followed by the name, ID code, and ID number for each provider with an identification code entered for an insurance carrier. This information is pulled from the Provider ID Setup dialog box.