You just hired a new employee, and you need to set her up with Easy Dental’s Time Clock — so she can be paid. The Time Clock enables office employees to punch in and out for their shifts and provides reports with hours worked and wages earned. And each employee must be set up individually, along with their regular and overtime pay.
Perform the following steps to set up the Time Clock for any employee. (Note: If passwords are enabled, to perform a time clock setup the user must have the password rights to “Time Clock, Setup”.)
- Locate the Time Clock icon in the notification area of the Windows taskbar, at the lower-right corner of the screen (refer below) — you may need to click the Show Hidden Icons arrow to display the icon.
- Right-click the Time Clock icon and select Setup Time Clock.
- In the Select Employee group box, select the employee you want to set time-clock settings for.
- In the Auto Punch Out Settings group box, select the punch out option you want to use for the employee.
- In the Regular Pay group box, select whether the employee is salary or hourly and enter the appropriate pay rate.
- In the Overtime Pay group box, set the overtime options you want for the employee.
- If you want the employee’s time to be included on reports, select Include Employee on Time Punch/Payroll Reports.
- Review your selections and click OK to save your settings.
Bonus Tip: If you want the Time Clock icon to display in the Windows taskbar, rather than be hidden, click the Show Hidden Icons arrow, left-click and drag the icon to the taskbar, and release the mouse to pin the icon to the taskbar. Reverse this process, if you want it hidden again.
For additional information, read the Setting Up Time Clock topic in the Easy Dental Help.