Do you have patients that need more time for their appointments? Or, do you have hygienists who complete their work faster than an appointment’s allotted time? If so, you may need to change the length of such appointments, to better accommodate your patients and your records. With Easy Dental, you can quickly change the length of an appointment.
To change the length of an appointment:
- In the Schedule module, double-click the appointment that needs to be changed.
- Click the Length search button to open the Appointment Time Pattern dialog box.
- In the Total Time field, enter the total length of the appointment; or use the right and left arrows to increase or decrease the appointment’s time.
- Click each time pattern block and set the appropriate pattern based on the appointment:
- Chair/Clear – A blank box indicates when the patient will be waiting in the chair in the operatory, where neither the provider nor the assistant needs to be present.
- Assistant – A “/” indicates assistant time, when a dental assistant or secondary provider will be in the operatory, but not the primary appointment provider.
- Provider – An “X” indicates provider time when the primary appointment provider will be in the operatory.
- Click OK to save your changes.
You can also quickly change an appointment’s length by clicking and dragging the double arrows in the lower-right corner of the appointment to increase or decrease its length.
For additional information, read Changing the Length of Appointments in the Easy Dental Help files.